AWK Consulting Engineers, Inc. (AWK) is a dynamic and growing engineering firm encompassing several engineering disciplines including: geotechnical, environmental, permitting, surveying, pavement evaluation and rehabilitation design, structural engineering, and construction inspection and management.
AWK Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking a Survey Crew Chief to join its Harrisburg Office team. A self-motivated individual with leadership skills is needed. He or she should have experience with survey projects for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC). Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail-oriented individual interested in joining our Surveying department. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology. The position has opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
- Six or more years of experience with the duties described here.
- Dependable drive and character as demonstrated with a stable work history.
- Full-time, 40+ hours per week.
- Travel is frequent, including overnight stays.
- Location of Position: Harrisburg Office.
The Survey Crew Chief Must Possess:
- Working knowledge of RTK-GPS and Total Stations.
- Capability to work in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Experience working in a professional environment that demands strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced working environment, which includes multitasking across multiple, concurrent projects.
Duties and Capabilities of the Survey Crew Chief Include:
- Work primarily in the field, with occasional office business.
- Coordinating various projects with Project Engineers and Administrative Personnel in the Pittsburgh and Harrisburg offices.
- Computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, Internet (web-based applications).
- Performance of other related duties, as required.
For consideration, reply with a resume highlighting your experience, expression of interest, and compensation requirements. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and enter the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line, or mail at the following address: Human Resources, 806 South 28th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17111.
AWK Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
AWK offers competitive salaries, comfortable work environment, and benefits including paid holidays, medical, dental, and 401k plan.