AWK Consulting Engineers, Inc. (AWK) is a dynamic and growing engineering firm encompassing several engineering disciplines including: geotechnical, environmental, permitting, surveying, pavement evaluation and rehabilitation design, structural engineering, and construction inspection and management.
AWK Consulting Engineers is currently looking for an entry to mid-level survey instrument operator to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying, civil, and transportation engineering in our Harrisburg, PA office. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our Surveying department. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology. The position has opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Work independently as a one-person crew, as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- Survey instrument operation experience preferred, not required.
- Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum).
- Must have good Mathematical skills.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Proficient with the use of survey equipment (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors) preferred, not required.
- Proficient with Carlson SurvCE data collection software is a plus.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in order to operate company vehicle.
- Must be dependable.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Most assignments are four days a week, out of town, periodically on Saturdays.
For consideration, reply with a resume highlighting your experience, expression of interest and compensation requirements. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and enter the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line, or mail at the following address: Human Resources, 806 South 28th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17111.
AWK Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
AWK offers competitive salaries, comfortable work environment, and benefits including paid holidays, medical, dental, and 401k plan.