AWK Consulting Engineers, Inc. (AWK) is a dynamic and growing engineering firm encompassing several engineering disciplines including: geotechnical, environmental, permitting, surveying, pavement evaluation and rehabilitation design, structural engineering, and construction inspection and management.
AWK is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Professional for our Harrisburg, PA office. Self-motivated individuals with five to seven years of relevant work experience and strong academic background should submit a cover letter and résumé to AWK, per the instructions below. In this full-time position, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
Requirements of the Geotechnical Professional:
- BS in Civil or Geological Engineering (or associated engineering discipline); MS preferred.
5-7 years of experience in geotechnical engineering.
- PE or EIT certification.
- Project experience with bridges, roadways, retaining walls, slopes, and embankments, buildings and various methods of ground improvements.
- Dependable drive and character, as demonstrated with a stable work history.
- Possess computer skills, including: Microsoft Suite, Project Management Software; and a working knowledge of geotechnical/structural analysis design software.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior communication skills, including verbal, social, and writing; the ability to interface with a diverse range of colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders.
Duties and Capabilities of the Geotechnical Professional:
- Prepare experimental data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents relevant to a given property’s soil profile.
- Data reduction and organization to provide recommendations for footing, corrosivity, structural, and civil design.
- On-site observation of excavation techniques and soil sampling.
- Co-design and manage multiple geotechnical engineering projects, concurrently.
- Co-coordinate and execute various projects with Project Engineers.
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges.
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Full-Time, 40 hours a week
Must be willing to travel to work sites.
For consideration, reply with a resume highlighting your experience, expression of interest, and compensation requirements. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and enter the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line, or mail at the following address: Human Resources, 806 South 28th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17111.
AWK Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
AWK offers competitive salaries, comfortable work environment, and benefits including paid holidays, medical, dental, and 401k plan.