AWK Consulting Engineers, Inc. (AWK) is a dynamic and growing engineering firm encompassing several engineering disciplines including: geotechnical, environmental, permitting, surveying, pavement evaluation and rehabilitation design, structural engineering, and construction inspection and management.
AWK is currently seeking an Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer for our Harrisburg, PA office. In this full-time position, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
Duties & Capabilities Include:
- Inspection of test boring drilling activities and classification of soil and rock samples retrieved during drilling.
- Preparation of boring logs for various types of projects.
- Field reconnaissance.
- Assist project engineer in preparing soil reconnaissance report (Subsurface Exploration Planning Submission).
- Design and analysis of various shallow and deep foundation systems for structures, including calculations to determine bearing resistance or load carrying capacity of the foundations along with the estimation of foundation settlements under different subsurface conditions and structural loading combinations.
- Prepare Structure Foundation Reports and other geotechnical analyses for geotechnical stability evaluations.
- Work will be performed working under supervision of project engineers.
- 0-2 years of applicable experience.
- B.S. (M.S. a plus) in Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or Civil Engineering.
- PennDOT Drilling Inspector Certification is preferred.
- Full-Time, 40 hours a week
- Must be willing to travel to work sites.
For consideration, reply with a resume highlighting your experience, expression of interest, and compensation requirements. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and enter the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line, or mail at the following address: Human Resources, 806 South 28th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17111.
AWK Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
AWK offers competitive salaries, comfortable work environment, and benefits including paid holidays, medical, dental, and 401k plan.