AWK Consulting Engineers, Inc. (AWK) is a dynamic and growing engineering firm encompassing several engineering disciplines including: geotechnical, environmental, permitting, surveying, pavement evaluation and rehabilitation design, structural engineering, and construction inspection and management.
AWK Consulting Engineers, Inc. (AWK) is seeking a Civil/Site Development Engineering Manager for our Pittsburgh, PA office. This is a full-time position and it will require managing engineers, surveyors, CAD operators and technicians. Work will include federal, state and local sponsored projects, as well as projects sponsored by private clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage civil engineering and site development projects from concept to final design and construction.
- Provide technical expertise in civil/site design, hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, NPDES permit and stormwater management.
- Coordinate permitting activities with FEMA, state, county, and local municipalities and agencies.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to develop concept plans, grading plans, and site designs.
- Design of utility systems including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, pump station design, water, gas, and telephone service, etc.
- Review of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and relevant agency regulations.
- Preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Project coordination including conferring with clients, attorneys, project teams, and others in order to develop a comprehensive site plan application.
- Coordination and correspondence with outside agencies, clients, attorneys, contractors, etc.
- Preparation of technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer, and site investigation.
Education and Credentials:
- A BSCE is required.
- Pennsylvania Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is required.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in residential/commercial site design and permitting.
- Proficient with AutoCAD. (Civil 3D preferred)
- Familiarity with all aspects of civil/site design.
- A seller-doer attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to ensure conformance with scope, quality, and client expectations.
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, public involvement skills, and a desire to work with diverse interest groups.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and professionalism.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to manage projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary, and scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to write proposals, relating to civil/site design.
- Proven client relationships supported by repeated business.
- Must be a team player, who has the patience and skill to train and mentor other junior staff.
- Must have experience dealing with regulatory agencies.
For consideration, reply with a resume highlighting your experience, expression of interest, and compensation requirements. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and enter the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line, or mail at the following address: Human Resources, 1225 Rodi Road, Turtle Creek, PA 15145.
AWK Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
AWK offers competitive salaries, comfortable work environment, and benefits including paid holidays, medical, dental, and 401k plan.